Vera Marie Badertscher, aka Pen4Hire
I was a freelance writer for nearly 20 years, and a traveler since my parents took me on a road trip when I was one year old. I’ve visited most of the states in the U.S. and more than 30 countries. When I want to know about a place and can’t get there for first hand knowledge, I read about it. That led me to create the blog, A Traveler’s Library. I kept my publishing information there and now have moved it to Ancestors in Aprons.
PEN4HIRE Writing Content
Writing Around the Web
Do you want to read more than the articles here at Ancestors in Aprons?
I have been very active in the blogger community and have written guest posts for the following blogs/websites:
- Attainable Sustainable: About Louis Bromfield, pioneer of sustainable agriculture and Malabar Farm.
- Archaeology Travel, Those Sexy Etruscans, a review of D. H. Lawrence’s book about visiting Etrusca.
- Girls Getaway: Travel Like a Lady in Brittany and other articles.
- Your Life Is a Trip: Sisters Road TripInfo Ireland and several more.
- Spot Cool Stuff : The Miracle of Siphnos
- I Explore: The Creme de la Creme of Cooking Classes
- Go Packbacking : Six Tips for taking the ferry in Greece. (no longer available)
- The Culinary Life: Food allergy translation cards; Emily Dickinson’s Black Cake Recipe
- Writing Horseback: Tanque Verde Guest Ranch; Hidden Meadow Ranch
- Velvet Escape: Master Potter of Mata Ortiz, Mexico; Tohono Chul Park in Tucson
- Travel Wonders: Canyon de Chelly; Bayeux Tapestry (no longer available).
- foXnoMad: The Minoans of Crete
- Freelancedom: A post on Why I Write I have an article in the web
- National GEO Traveler–a road trip through duPont country in Delaware and Pennsylvania . *May-June 2008 issue, no longer available on line.
- Wandering Educators: The Perfect French Movie (Just one of many articles at that site).
- Mothering.com: A book about peanut allergies (no longer available on line)
- What a Trip :List of things to do in Bayeux, France.
- My Itchy Travel Feet: Normandy and Bayeux; Review of Book for Boomer Adventure; Paddling North (review); Five Adventures on the Navajo Rez; and more.
- Authentic Luxury Travel: Le Marche, Italy
- Boomer Women Travelers: Renting an apartment while traveling
- The Monks Who Forgot How, Killing The Buddha.com , an essay about Cambodian Monks after Cambodia’s Holocaust.
See more articles by hovering over the title “About Pen 4 Hire Writing” on the menu at the top of the page. Pen 4 Hire Articles leads to pdfs of articles, and further hovering brings up four articles reprinted here.