Before I leave the Stout family, I wanted to gather them together in one place. The Stout family index is for the benefit of anyone who is researching the same family.
In this list, the numbers refer to the generation, with Richard and Penelope Stout, my 8th grandparents, being the first generation in North America and Vera Stout Anderson, my grandmother, being the last Stout. (Her brother did not have any children, so that was the end of the Stout line in my direct ancestors.
If I add others, I will link them later.
The indented numbers in the Stout family index are people in subsequent generations that I covered although they were not direct ancestors. Those individuals had stories that were interesting and shed light on the time they lived in.
The Stout Family
(3) Obadiah Stout, brother of Freegift.
(4) Elisha Stout, son of Obadiah
(4) Benjamin Merrill, grandson of James Stout, son of Richard Stout.
(5) Isaiah Stout 1783 and his children
(5) Aaron Stout and his children
(5) Josiah Stout, son of Isaiah Stout
(6) Isaac Stout 1800 and his children.
(8)There are also separate stories about my great-grandfather’s brothers and sisters, Thomas Stout, George Stout, John Franklin Stout, Elizabeth Stout Cunningham, Sarah Stout Scott, and Martha Stout Hayes and Mary Stout.
At some time in the 1890s Emmeline Stout and her children got together for some portraits.
(9) Vera Stout Anderson I wrote several stories about my grandmother and her brother William i*(Morgan Stout and sister Maude Stout Bartlett, which can be found with the search function.